Attentions when using defoamer for waterborne coatings
1) Before use, it must be fully mixed. Generally, it can be added directly without water dilution. If it needs to be diluted, it can be prepared and used immediately. Most defoaming agents cannot be directly added to the diluted water-based coating. Generally, they should be added when the viscosity of the resin or coating is high and have good dispersion.
(2) Add it when the paint is mixed, so that the defoamer can enter the system.
(3) In order to achieve good defoaming effect, it is advisable to add it in two times. First, add half of the total amount when preparing the coating, and then add the other half after grinding.
(4) The amount of defoamer should be appropriate. Excessive addition will cause side effects and shrinkage of the coating film. The defoaming effect cannot be achieved due to the small amount of addition.
(5) The performance of the coating can be tested at least 24 hours after the defoamer is added, because the defoamer has durability, otherwise there will be shrinkage and other product quality problems.