- Add To Basket
Silane coupling agent KH-550
Chemical name: γ-aminopropyltriethoxysilane
Corresponding foreign brands: United States Union Carbide Corp: A-1100
Dow Corning CO.: Z-6011 Japan Shin-Etsu: KBM-903
Main chemical composition: NH2(CH2)3Si(OCH2CH5)3
Molecular formula: H2N(CH2)3Si(OC2H5)3
Physical and chemical properties:
This product is a colorless and transparent liquid, with a flash point of 96°C, density: ρ (25°C): 0.946, refractive index n25°C 1.420, molecular weight: 221.4. It can be miscible with ethanol, ether, toluene, xylene and other organic solvents, react with CCl4, and hydrolyze into silanol when exposed to water. PH：9-10
Plastic products, rubber products, coatings, inks, composite materials, magnetic materials, adhesives, castings, synthetic amino silicone oil, etc.
1. Resin: phenolic, urea-formaldehyde, furan, nylon, polyurethane, unsaturated polyester, alkyd resin, acrylic resin and natural rubber, styrene-butadiene rubber, neoprene rubber, nitrile rubber, EPDM rubber, PE, PP, PVC, SBS, etc.
2. Fillers: talc, kaolin, mica, white carbon black, wollastonite, glass fiber, Al(OH)3, Mg(OH)2, metals and their oxides, etc.
1. Widely used in composite materials to optimize the compatibility between polymers and inorganic substances in composite materials; significantly improve the tensile strength, bending resistance and other physical and mechanical properties of composite materials, as well as thermal properties, electrical properties, water resistance, etc. Especially suitable for various types of glass fiber reinforced thermoplastic and thermosetting resins such as: PP, PVC, PC, PA furan resin, epoxy resin, phenolic resin, polyurethane, polyimide, melamine resin. The usage amount of KH-550 at this time is: 0.2 The drying activation temperature after -1.0% treatment is 105-120℃.
2.. This product can be used as a raw material for a new generation of bis-amino-modified silicone oil and a variety of silicone super soft finishing agents. The silicone oil modified by KH-550 treatment has greater affinity for fibers and can give various fibers super softness, smoothness, drape, antistatic, washability and anti-wrinkle effects.
3. This product can improve the bonding strength by adding 1% or even less of the solid content to nitrile-phenolic structural adhesives, polyethylene butyraldehyde-phenolic adhesives, and polyurethane adhesive hot melt adhesives. 60% to 100%. Adding KH-550 to polyurethane sealants and plastic melt sealants can enable the sealants to achieve long-term adhesion to glass, masonry, metal and other substrates, and have excellent stability to weather and high elongation.
4. This product can be used as an adhesion promoter in coatings and inks to improve adhesion, reduce curing temperature, and improve anti-corrosion properties.
5. The use of this product in the foundry industry can reduce the amount of resin in silica sand, increase the strength of the mold sand (about 30%) and reduce the amount of gas.
6. Using it in magnetic materials can improve the dispersion and adhesion of magnetic powder particles in plastic magnets and rubber magnets in organic matter, so that the magnetic particles have a higher orientation. In order to obtain better magnetic properties, improve the mechanical strength, weather resistance and easy dry processing of magnetic materials.
Application effect example:
Effect of KH-550 on the properties of phenolic resin FRP
Strength Flexural strength (MPa) Retention rate % Tensile strength (Mpa) Compressive strength (Mpa) Shear strength (Mpa) Aging Flexural strength Mpa
Item Dry Wet Dry Wet
Untreated glass fiber 242 198 82 194 106 32 197 174
Processing fiberglass 462 489 105 265 275 40 363 343
Increase percentage % 90 147 -- 36 160 27 84 97
Note: The wet state is soaked in water at 35℃ for 90 days.
The results in the table show that: KH-550 can significantly improve the dry and wet mechanical properties of FRP.
Packaging specifications: The finished product is packed in plastic barrels, with a net weight of 5kg per barrel, 20kg/box.
Special specifications need to be customized.
Storage: This product needs to be sealed, kept in a cool and ventilated place, moisture-proof and waterproof, and away from fire and heat sources.